Which Pacific would YOU like to see produced? (no poll yet)

Started by Guilford Guy, December 24, 2007, 02:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisco

RAM

SteamGene

It looks like the ex Blue Mountain and Reading, which, I believe, is a USRA light Pacific.
Merry Seventh Day of Christmas and Happy New Year.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

ebtbob

Gene,

You are correct,  that pic is of the Reading and Northern,  formally the Blue Mountain and Reading's 425.   The four and a quarter has been undergoing test firings and runs over the past several days,  here in Pennsylvania.  Rumor has it that if enough people buy tickets to ride behind 425,  then restoration of the ex-Reading T-1(4-8-4) 2102 may be considered.
        A note - the light pacific that 425 represents,  was one that Precision Craft was supposedly going to do,  but who knows when.   Their long awaited Pennsy 2-10-0 is shown as a pre-production model in the latest issue of Model Railroader that arrived here yesterday.   Now,   if the 2-10-0 is somewhere around 2 years overdue......then how far away may the 4-6-2s be?    Time will tell.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

ebtnut

The 425 is NOT a USRA light.  She is somewhat smaller than that overall.  She was built originally (IIRC) for the Gulf, Mobile & Northern (later Gulf, Mobile and Ohio) and became part of Paulson Spence's collection in the late 1950's.  I believe only the 425 and Wilmington & Western 4-4-0 98 are the only survivors from Spence's collection.  Bob, remember the 425's very brief stint on the Valley Forge Scenic RR? 

ebtbob

EBTNUT,

Even though I am from the Philadelphia area,  I did not know of the engine until it became part of the Blue Mountain and Reading.   I think the Valley Forge Scenic was around in my time that I was away from trains,  modeling trains,  and photography.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org