News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

My layout now.

Started by westsidelumber12, December 27, 2007, 02:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danmerkel

I think the first thing I'd invest in would be a tripod.  The pictures look like you tried to hand-hold them; that's really tough to do w/o at least some camera jiggle.

It is not the intent of this post to conduct a mini seminar in model photography, but if you use a tripod and the camera's built-in timer, you will see an immediate & dramatic improvement in ypur pictures.  Simply set up the camera, frame the photo, set the timer for the shutter, set it off, then step back & stand still.  Standing still will help eliminate any vibrations from the floor.  I think you wuld be surprised at the improved results.

Hope this helps...

dlm

Paul M.

Corrie,
on the Thomas board when you were still "Frog Pulling Team" or "Corrie Thompson" the photos were better.... any chance of using that camera again? ???

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Conrail Quality

Quote from: Paul M. on December 29, 2007, 10:00:59 PM
Corrie,
on the Thomas board when you were still "Frog Pulling Team" or "Corrie Thompson" the photos were better.... any chance of using that camera again? ???

He's not Corrie, he used to be known as HOPlasserEM80C, way back in the dark ages of the Bachmann board (one year ago :D).
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

westsidelumber12

O yeah that was my uncles camera, it was a power shot. He never ever lets me use it. Its just collecting dust.
Santa Fe ALL The Way

Its true....

westsidelumber12

i'm not corrie i'm Kobi.
Santa Fe ALL The Way

Its true....

TZX200

Definitely take some more pictures. Personally I think you did a great job and would like to see some pictures with more of the layout rather than just the close ups. Nice Layout!

TonyD

Sure looks like the dry patches of the south west to me, good job! The guys are right about a tripod, or aleast a rock solid place to rest the camera as you push the button, always the case indoors with no flash but --the bicylces really bother me!!! 1st shot I thought you had a ferris wheel on a circus scene back there. just bed sheets draped over the stuff in the background, not hung nice, just draped over the bikes and stuff when you are taking pics, when they are out of focus, it will look like -white sheets-snow covered hills.. any of your freinds have one of those poly camo tarps? and a bit more light, turn on every light in the room. or one of those leadlights with a big reflector & the clamp to hang it somewhere, my digital needs all the light it can get, too much it may adjust itself, too little...may not even focus, steady or not- hey, in the bad old days, you had to wait a week to get the film back to see what could be done next time..... digital age... keep up the good work-Tony
don't be a tourist, be a traveler. don't be a forumite, be a modeler