News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Large Scale Forney Headlight?

Started by paultorrey, May 05, 2023, 12:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paultorrey

Anyone out there have an extra headlight for the largescale forney?  I'm in need of replacing mine and there are no parts available for the forney any longer in the parts page of this website.

Thanks,

Paul Torrey

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Paul,

That is a tough one.  There is no hope Bachmann will restock Forney parts. I suggest you post on mylargescale.com, If you do Facebook there is a sale group there.  I always set up a saved search and get email alerts on Ebay.  Another option is to try to find a headlight in parts that is not from the forney and use it on your forney creating a unique forney. 

Wish I had better ideas!!

Good luck,

Loco Bill Canelos
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Fred2179

Quoteparts that is not from the forney
Check out Trackside Details, who make a variety of brass loco parts, including several headlights. I've swapped oil headlights for electric ones and vice versa.

paultorrey

Thanks Fred,  reviewed Trackside Details.  They had everything else but.  I'll continue to check around to see if I can find any.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Loco Bill Canelos

Paul,

I was looking at the parts available for the 38 Ton Shay for a repair I am doing for a friend and noticed the headlight housing is available as is the LED. You might have to make a lens, but one can be made with clear styrene using a side cutter and filing it to shape.

https://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_629&products_id=9949

Check it out, might work.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!