Sticker Shock - eBay bids Snow Plow higher than an Annie

Started by granpab, January 02, 2008, 08:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

granpab

Just watched a plastic Snow Plow for a Bachmann 4-6-0 sell for more than a new Annie.  Are detail parts that difficult to get?

kennywsp4

E-bay is well E-Bay. I have seen items go for WAY over prices you could buy just by typing in the item you are looking at in google. People still think E-bay is a online cheap garage sale it isnt any more.You have to do research and price shop for just about anything you want to buy at the site I shake my head at the prices some people are paying there and wonder how mad they get if and when they figure out how much they could haave bought it for ::).

glennk28

Auction Fever is dangerous--ya gotta know yer limits--but who knows--these guys may have--and that WAS their limit.  Sheesh!

Woody Elmore

Back in the Seventies a friend detailed a newly released Athearn Geep -maybe a GP-38. The detail parts from Details West and Details Associates cost more than the Geep.

I didn't see the ad yet on Ebay but if it's a resin kit, it may well cost more than the locomotive it's designed for.

Jon D. Miller

I have one, possibly two, snow plows for the Big Hauler.  I think they are a resin casting.  These were made to fit the standard Big Hauler, so they should work on the Annie version.

I'd sure sell them for way less than the cost of an Annie.

Anyone interested contact me off-net.  I will send a picture of the plow so you could see if it meets your requirements.  I did check to see there might be a picture. No luck, but it won't take long to snap a picture.

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

r.cprmier

In the words of PT Barnum:  "There's a sucker born every minute!"

Maybe they had E-bay back then and didn't tell us!  The word is called RESEARCH, lads.

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

granpab

Thanx to all and expecially J D Miller.  Sound advise.

JD sent pictures of his loco with plow.  WOW - his stuff ain't toys - At first I did not realize the pictures were not of a prototype. 

Bye, bye HO.  Hello garden scale.  I am starting a new adventure

granpab

One last word about JD Miller's snow plow. 

Got it. Installed it. Ready to roll. 
Two screws out - two screws in.  A perfect fit.

I will never solder again.  Brass HO will be collecting dust.