Spectrum 38 Ton Two-Truck Shay 1:20.3 Narrow Guage 82195 W.M Ritter

Started by Cranford, June 11, 2023, 08:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cranford

This is a long shot, but does anyone have a wiring diagram for this engine that they could share with me, I have tried to locate one through many channels and this forum is my last resort, my intention is to fit a basic loco decoder. it is supposed to be DCC ready but there is literally nowhere to plug in a decoder, majority of the wiring is plain black, which doesn't help.
The engine was purchased 2nd hand with no manuals
Any help would be appreciated.
It runs well on DC current. 

Cranford

Thanks for your prompt response, this is the only printout that I have been able to find. The wiring diagram bears no resemblance to the one in this engine. All the wires in the download are coloured, the wiring in the engine I have are mainly black.

Cranford

Have to agree with you, but was hoping for a more easy option. Most strange that the wiring diagram for this model does not appear anywhere.  >:(

mickeykelley

I think the mainly black is a result of painting wires to hide them. But it is what it is.

Greg Elmassian

No, I think they are really black, not painted... (although there have been cases of red painted black)

cost savings, Aristo did it too.

Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

mickeykelley

I've just seen mine where there were colored wires then they became black especially where could be seen.

Cranford

Thanks everyone, they are definitely black. The engine has gone back to the owner, too much time spent on it and not prepared to spend more.