News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

First Railroad Track Pack Model: 44596

Started by NerdlyNate, June 20, 2023, 09:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NerdlyNate

I was wondering if anyone has come up with other layouts for this track pack than what's shown on the box? I've tried using the SCARM program, but haven't come up with any alternates.

thanks!

Desert Rose

Track Planning software:

AnyRail

https://www.anyrail.com/en

You can make any type of layout with this software. I used this for the current layout using E-Z Track.

jward

I also use Anyrail and prefer it over SCARM. Both have their advantages, and disadvantages.

As for what you can build using the pieces in the track pack, you really don't have enough to build more than the most basic layout. SOmething that will keep your interest will require a few more switches. There are any number of sources of small track plans that could be modified to use EZ track, including the books Atlas sells, and the Kalmbach books 101 track plans and 101 more track plans.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Terry Toenges

Goggle "track plans" for ideas. You can add "HO" into the search or "Bachmann".
Feel like a Mogul.

Mbusman123

Sorry to jump off the particular topic it's true there's not enough track to do much else but my question is how can I make these turn out Center DCC control? What parts do I need exactly thank you.

trainman203

I'm still trying to figure how the right hand column works in the EZ track tabulation for the large layout shown a couple of posts above.  The total track length is shown at the bottom as 590.51, in what appears to be a total for the column. However, when you add those numbers up, the total is well over 1500.  I recall way back in school having a lot of trouble with what was back then called "new math," but I don't think this is an example of that😂

Len

Whatever those numbers are, they don't compute as the number of track pieces or their lengths in inches, mm or cm. If it's not cost in some currancy beside dollars, I'm stumped.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jward

Quote from: trainman203 on June 25, 2023, 01:57:56 PMI'm still trying to figure how the right hand column works in the EZ track tabulation for the large layout shown a couple of posts above.  The total track length is shown at the bottom as 590.51, in what appears to be a total for the column. However, when you add those numbers up, the total is well over 1500.  I recall way back in school having a lot of trouble with what was back then called "new math," but I don't think this is an example of that😂

Those numbers are the total length of the track pieces they correspond to. Example the plan calls for 5 22" radius curves at 22.5 degrees, a standard track section. each one measures slightly under 9" for a total length of 43. whatever inches. WHat is confusing is that, in typical anyrail practice, the track pieces are listed in inches, while the total track lenght is in feet. 590.51 feet
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

trainman203

Ok, units of measure weren't clearly specified or coordinated.

I'm not going to do it, I'm retired 😂, but someone oughta get all the units convergent and see if everything adds up , just for fun. 😂

Terry Toenges

I was curious about the numbers for the turnouts and crossovers.
---------------------
These are the total track dimensions Any Rail gives for:
#5 turnout - 44565, H0 Bachmann E-Z Track, Left turnout #5, 11 1/2" - 22 31/32" x 13 turnouts = 298.65"
Crossover - 44137, H0 Bachmann E-Z Track, Left crossover #6, 21 1/4" - 62 31/32" x 3 = 188.90"
---------------------
I added all the pieces and it comes to 7086.09" = 590.5075'

Feel like a Mogul.

trainman203

Ok it worked.  Great.

That was a little like some trip itinerary saying that it's so many miles between town A and town G, arrived at by adding up all of the inches between each intermediate town.

😂😂😂

NerdlyNate

Quote from: Desert Rose on June 20, 2023, 10:58:11 PM

Track Planning software:

AnyRail

https://www.anyrail.com/en

You can make any type of layout with this software. I used this for the current layout using E-Z Track.

Where can I find that book on the Bachmann site? Searching isn't finding it
Thanks

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.