Does anyone have any history on the Bachmann B-line?

Started by Ralph S, June 29, 2023, 01:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph S

Does anyone have any history on the Bachmann B-line?   I ran across several unique construction vehicles, supposedly 1/87 scale, that has the Bachmann label.   I've never heard of these and did a search on this forum and found no information regarding the "B-line of vehicles.

Then I did a search on "Google" and found this:  "Bachmann sold at least two series of die-cast models made by Shinsei Kogyo under their B-line label.  Shinsei's H.O. Haulers were sold as B-line Truckin' models, the Shinsei Mini Power models as B-line Cranes.  (I will provide the link to this info if requested, don't want to infringe (I believe) upon this forums code of conduct).

Anyone have any additional history? 

Ralph S

Well, since no one responded with anything to share, I'll fill in my research on this B-line construction equipment.

I found to my surprise that Bachmann dabbled in producing some construction equipment in HO scale sometime way back when I was still a workaholic or still in school.  It took me awhile to decide whether to purchase this model scraper because I really thought that Bachmann did not produce or go into an agreement with Shinsei to market this model of equipment.  In other words, I thought it may be counterfeit merchandise using the Bachmann name.

So, on a self-imposed dare, the model I purchased is "the scraper" which is quite unique.the back and side of box
It has working parts which wasn't expected,

with the bucket closed
with the bucket open

and finally, it's actually a Mitsubishi model
There you have it. 
I now have for my layout, a Mitsubishi and Caterpillar scrapers.  I don't know of any other HO scale scrapers.  I know that John Deere, Case, Komatsu, Terex and K-Tec actually manufacture scrapers but I haven't seen them in HO models.   

(By the way if you want a closer look just click on the image)

Ralph S

March 2024 update.....
For those Bachmann collectors. Here's something to check out.
In my travels around the southwest, I came upon and purchased some more of this (what I call unique) specimens by Bachmann.  The loader shovel by Hitachi below.

Then there is the motor grader by Mitsubishi.

From the back of Bachmann packaging (see above) I'm going to try to obtain the Hydraulic Excavator (probably by Hitachi) and the Hitachi Hydraulic Excavator.   Since my layout will be of the modern era, the bulldozers and shovel I am not going to try to obtain since these three do not have ROPS.   Bad for safety and basically too old for my layout.

P.S. if someone could inform me on how to get the images to space closer together, that would be of great help.