News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Question about a Bachmann 28670

Started by BlueRidgeD, July 13, 2023, 11:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRidgeD

I recently got one and I am having some issues.. It appeared to be brand new none of the packages have been opened that I can see.. I hooked it up with DC to test and it goes around the track fine. It doesn't appear to have any sound on DC so I connected it to my program track using JRMI and it asks which decoder does it have after finding it is a E-Z Decoder. The choices were 1,2 and 4. I chose 4 and put it on my track that I use DCC++EX on and it is VERY slow at max speed on the controller. Does anyone know why? I can control the front and rear lights on/off and they come on depending on direction however I guess this is only DCC no sound because I never get any sound. If this is the case what decoder should I go with for realistic sound for a Baldwin Steam Locomotive. 

Thanks in advance..

RailMan63

Hi.
Personally, I like the Soundtraxx TSU-22200.
If there's room in the tender, I also install a Big Bass speaker so it's nice and loud!
Only brown box models come with factory sound.
The green box models come with basic DCC only,unless,of course, a previous owner added an after market sound system such as the Soundtraxx TSU-2200.
And yes, I've noticed that Bachmann ON30 models are often quite slow.
I have no idea why that is...Your model sounds normal otherwise.

Mike