News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New to HO Trains - Have questions

Started by micnat, January 05, 2008, 10:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micnat

Hi everyone,

I am new to Bachmann HO Trains and have recently purchased alot of hardware (4 EZ HO train sets, additional track and accessories) to make a 10 foot by 4 foot multi-level display using 4 different train sets controlled by four separate transformers.

I have done alot of internet searches on layouts and scenery details, however I do need further help on this project before I start.  I have several questions:

1. Where can I locate (URL) information on Bachmann locomotives to understand their power to pull various length cars (4 to 12)?
2. Where can I locate (URL) information on Bachmann EZ-Track (steel) layouts that identify the rail type, re-railer, de-railer, power terminals, switches, wiring instructions?
3. Where can I locate (URL) information on Bachmann layout track switch wiring to control 4 separate trains when switched onto different track routes?
4. Where can I locate (URL) information to help plan and construct the scenery for the 10 foot by 4 foot multi-level display?

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Micnat

prebres

If you are using ez track, then the wiring takes care of itself. Red cable with coaxial jack into TO TRACK on back of power pack. Other end goes to terminal track.
Switches get power from accessory terminals.
Just about any engine will pull 12 cars.
As for scenery you can start with this one from NMRAhttp://www.gatewaynmra.org/scenery.htm

micnat

Many thanks for the quick response. i'll look into that URL.  :)