News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-8-2 Mikdo

Started by davidneil, January 04, 2008, 07:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidneil

Hi All. I keep having trouble with this engine lately keeping wheels lined up,linkage keeps binding.How do i get the wheels timed right?Been trying everything so far. Does anyone have some owners papers on this engine lost mine over the years,I will pay if anyone could make me copys

SteamGene

You need to be a bit more specific.  What 2-8-2 do you mean?
Merry Eleventh Day of Christmas
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

TonyD

I bet he has one of the older pre-spectrum, they have a split 2 piece axle? They fall out of quarter easy. I suppose, gosh- with the pancake motor? wow what a job- Take it all apart until there is no drive gear to keep the wheels from turning freely, twist and adjust all of them- I bet atleast one is loose, and slips around TOO easy, anyway, when everything rolls just right, glue all- or atleast that one loose axle togeter- without binding up to the frame...oh boy....be carefull-good luck- tell ya, those shells fit right over the spectrum 2-8-0's easy, you can keep your old wide firebox buddy with some new smooth running guts.... Guys! can he send it back after all these years??? good luck with it.....
don't be a tourist, be a traveler. don't be a forumite, be a modeler

SteamGene

Tony,
Several years ago I sent a old pancake motor Consolidation back and received a Spectrum Consolidation in return.  It serves the VT&P faithfully.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"