News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Peter Witt trolley dummy plug...

Started by Jeff in NJ, August 10, 2023, 03:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff in NJ

Hey out there! Does anyone on the forum have or know where I can get a DCC dummy plug for the 84606 Spectrum HO Peter Witt trolley? I just purchased one 2nd hand and it's missing the dummy plug. I run DC only and even though it runs with the DCC decoder installed, in my experience the DCC on Board decoders tend to have buzzy motor noise when running in DC mode.

Unless what I'm hearing is strictly gear noise, but I don't think so...

The Bachmann parts dept says they don't sell the dummy plugs and suggested asking on here.

Thank you for your assistance.

jward

Is it an 8 pin plug? If so, look for a Digitrax DHDP.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Jeff in NJ

It is an 8 pin. Thanks for the info.

I'm wondering if the Bachmann dummy plug is proprietary in anyway to the Peter Witt model.

Jeff in NJ

Quote from: jward on August 10, 2023, 09:34:47 PMIs it an 8 pin plug? If so, look for a Digitrax DHDP.

Looking at the DHDP it doesn't look like it will work with Bachmann's setup. Bachmann's dummy plug goes into the socket on the board, not the end of the wire harness.

jward

You are right. FOr some reason DIgitrax chose to make a plug for the seldom used 9 pin harness, but not the NMRA standard 8 pin socket.

Try NCE part #  5240211.

https://www.ncedcc.com/online-store/Plug-pack-NMRA-8-pin-plugs-10-pack-p38322150
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Len

Bachmann's dummy plug is available here:
https://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_91&products_id=9668

The description calls it a "6-pin plug", but it's actually an 8-pin plug with only the 6-pins needed for a dummy plug wired, like this:

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Jeff in NJ

Thanks. I will look into those options.

Jeff in NJ

Problem solved. Looking around in my parts I found one of the universal dummy plugs. Installed it and it works great.

Thanks for all the help.