Mid Year Announcements 19th century N scale 4-6-0

Started by Sonoro_Railroad_Company, September 03, 2023, 05:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonoro_Railroad_Company

Hi, Bachmann.

The 19th century N scale 4-6-0 announcement caught my eye and while I don't model N scale I hope that this model may find its way into HO scale in the near future. I feel especially that with some additional details and swapping some parts a modeler could make a very nice modernized ten wheeler. Again would love to see this loco come to HO scale.

As a quick question, while I understand it may be in it's very early stages, is there a specific one of the prototypes mentioned that the model will be based off of?

Just my two cents. Love that you are helping keep small steam going.

trainman203

My hair is turning white while I patiently wait for Bachmann to introduce the eternally popular Southern Pacific M-4 2-6-0 in HO scale.  They already have the molds for the Vanderbilt tender. These engines had rectangular tenders when originally delivered. Bachmann has already produced a suitable rectangular tender behind the modern Baldwin 4-4-0 that could work for that variation with the addition of the fuel oil bunker that Bachmann also provided with that tender. Many of these engines on the T&NO had large sunbeam headlights on top of the smoke box, that would be a good variation to offer.

I've always thought the the old Varney die cast Casey Jones ten-wheeler and Old Lady consolidation were beautifully proportioned engines, generic enough to stand in in as a dozen or more prototypes, and that they deserve to be reborn as spectrum quality plastic engines.