STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2022, 03:19:15 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  No More Resin Buildings?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: No More Resin Buildings?  (Read 973 times)
PlasticvillePilot

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2022, 08:10:48 PM »

So I looked at Bachmann's 2022 catalog, and apparently, they've discontinued all resin buildings for the Thomas range save for the storage shed. Why is this? Did they not sell well? If not, I can't imagine why for the life of me. I want to start a Thomas layout sometime this year, and it is so hard to find British-style buildings in the US. I would think Bachmann making some specifically tailored to the Island of Sodor would be a hit among Thomas modelers. If I decide to go to HO rather than N, I would have to track some of these buildings down, especially Maithwaite Station, as every good layout needs a station, and I'd want one that looks like one of the stations on the show. Many American buildings are just not an option if I want to re-create Thomas' branch line, unless I'm super creative, which I'm not.

Speaking of N scale, it would also be great to get some N-scale Thomas buildings, but Bachmann would first have to bring back the HO line. Oh well, crazier things have happened.
TerencetheTractor525

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 11:12:12 PM »

Welcome to the Bachmann Forum, DonaldsDuck77. I agree that it is unfortunate to see the resin buildings discontinued, as they were some of the nicest products and most of them certainly featured a Thomas style. I would assume that they did not sell as well as anticipated due to their high prices. At this point, I think that it is wishful thinking to see more HO ones, but part of me has faith in seeing some enter the N scale line. Maithwaite Station and the Signal Box are the two that I would particularly love to see, if N scale resin buildings are considered for the future.

Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.
PlasticvillePilot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 12:30:18 PM »

Welcome to the Bachmann Forum, DonaldsDuck77. I agree that it is unfortunate to see the resin buildings discontinued, as they were some of the nicest products and most of them certainly featured a Thomas style. I would assume that they did not sell as well as anticipated due to their high prices. At this point, I think that it is wishful thinking to see more HO ones, but part of me has faith in seeing some enter the N scale line. Maithwaite Station and the Signal Box are the two that I would particularly love to see, if N scale resin buildings are considered for the future.

Thanks for your response, TerencetheTractor525! I must say you have the coolest Thomas layout, and it is probably one of my biggest inspirations to start my own. While they probably won't make any new HO ones, do you think there's a chance for them to reintroduce the ones they did make?
Stephen62

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 08:17:46 PM »

I agree Terencethetractor 525. Your Thomas layout is nothing short of phenomenal and I hope you can post an updated tour video soon. Also thank you for always coming up with something different every month for Thomas Tuesday on trainworld tv and always giving me something to look forward to. Can’t wait to see the next episode this coming Tuesday.
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 11:22:29 PM »

That is just a bummer that practically all of them save the trackside shed have been discontinued. But one is better than nothing whatsoever! Smiley
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2022, 12:17:12 AM »

Speaking of N scale, it would also be great to get some N-scale Thomas buildings, but Bachmann would first have to bring back the HO line. Oh well, crazier things have happened.

Not necessarily, Bachmann has introduced rolling stock in large scale that was previously discontinued in HO before and the N scale range still added the oil tanker in the N scale range.

I do think it is a little too early for Bachmann to consider bringing back the resin buildings since they only just recently dropped and can still be found online for the time being, but if you need them sooner I would suggest picking them up now while you still can.  Despite it not being discontinued I picked up the storage shed just to be safe. 

N scale buildings would be fun, but they probably wouldn’t announce any of the resin buildings anytime soon either since I feel like the N scale range still needs more diversity for engines and especially rolling stock before considering adding any resin buildings. 
TerencetheTractor525

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2022, 04:52:59 PM »

Thank you for the kind remarks! I am flattered that my Sodor layout inspired others to make their own, just as the model sets of the classic television series inspired me to get into Thomas modeling. Next week's Thomas Tuesday livestream is going to feature another HO Sodor layout, so I hope you can make it!

Regarding reintroduced HO resin buildings, I concur with Chaz. Since the HO ones were just discontinued, it may take at least a few years for them to return. As for N scale buildings, we'll have to see! I am really digging the idea of an N scale Maithwaite Station, in particular. Smiley

Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2022, 09:20:53 AM »

Sounds great. I also just hope that they can do a lot of resin buildings for N scale! Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: