How to connect the wires to ez streets

Started by Tweety28, December 02, 2023, 05:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweety28

Hi
I am new to trains and I need some help setting up my ez streets for cars. I have a Lionel fastrack oval for my train and wanted an inside street so I purchased several packages of all the ez street track pieces and cars and I was told I need the bachmann 44211 wall power pack and controller so I bought that and I can't figure out how to connect the red wires to the 10 inch track I heard was where you plug it in to.
My husband jury rigged it for now with black electrical tape with the connector with just the two red wires underneath and we got it to work but not sure if I am missing something. The cars are really slow. Do I need more connections and how?
Thank you in advance for any helpful information
Terry

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Tweety28

Hi Len;
I will upload what I got in the kit 44211 and the wires are red but not sure how they were suppose to be attached to underneath the 10 inch ez street track their is no real terminal connection for one of the red wires that came with it it is for track not streets.

Tweety28

It would not let me upload the directory says it's full

Len

There should be a metal tab at each end of the EZ-Street section. The female quick connect slides onto it.

Len

Tweety28

Sorry the wires that came with kit are just 2 red wires stripped at end of each
I can't post pictures here how do we contact admin to fix it?
Thanks,
Terry

Len

Wires stripped at both ends will not work. There has to be a 3/16" female spade connector on one end to connect to the EZ-Street track. Since you already have the wire, the simplest thing would be to get some connectors, available at most hardware stores, and crimp one on one end of each wire.

Len

Tweety28

Hi Len
We received the wires 00270. Assuming the red wires that came with the connection to input to the controller we will attach to new 00270 to connect to the ez streets track
Thanks
Terry