News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Forum activity

Started by John Tumolo, August 23, 2023, 08:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Tumolo

Ok, fellow modelers-let's not allow this valuable resource to go away.  Please tell all of your On30 friends to start using this forum more often-at least check in once a week.  Believe it or not, Bachmann does monitor this page, and any LEGITIMATE questions/concerns/ideas are read.  This is the only way we all have to keep Bachmann in the loop and to let them see we all really DO care about what they are thinking/planning/doing for On30.  We sadly no longer have our #1 advocate Lee Riley around to lobby for us, but any and all ideas we post on this site will assuredly be read by Bachmann.  It's a shame that this resource isn't being actively campaigned-since it came back online, there's only one page of questions/comments.  I don't want this spot to turn into a place to gripe, I want to see it used for positive activity for our beloved On30.  There are plenty of other places to vent your spleen.  Sorry if THIS whole post sounds like a rant-I just want the hobby that's been an important part of my life for over 20 years now to keep going with the support of the one company that cared enough to get me started.   

p51

I get the point, John, but a lot of modelers don't like a forum from a manufacturer. There are also an almost infinite number of forums and you just can't be on them all...
-Lee

Terry Toenges

I would think that if On30 folks don't like to post on Bachmann's On30 forum, then Bachmann could figure that no one is interested in On30 any longer and abandon it.
I would think the On30 crowd would want to keep the On30 stuff coming from Bachmann.
The infinite number of forums aren't the ones that are actually producing the equipment.
Feel like a Mogul.

Fred Klein

I agree with p51. There are many forums out there and, like he said, not everyone likes to post on a manufacturer's forum. As for me, I don't care.

One thing to keep in mind is that, in general, On30ers (new word?) tend to be more independent-minded, which I think is the reason they are attracted to a scale that, up until the advent of Bachmann's products, sort of languished in the shadows along with almost all narrow gauge scales that come to mind. This type of modeler will post if they have something to say, otherwise they won't (sort of like Mr. Ed) but they tend to resent it when told that they must do something. Anyway, that's my two cents - half-a-cent at todays rate.

While this forum may not see the numbers of posts as say HO or N, nevertheless I believe that it sees enough usage to keep it viable. Also, Bachmann is still coming out with new products which, in today's ecomomy, says a lot.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

John Tumolo

Quote from: Terry Toenges on August 25, 2023, 03:49:55 PMI would think that if On30 folks don't like to post on Bachmann's On30 forum, then Bachmann could figure that no one is interested in On30 any longer and abandon it.
I would think the On30 crowd would want to keep the On30 stuff coming from Bachmann.
The infinite number of forums aren't the ones that are actually producing the equipment.

Terry-My point EXACTLY.  We need to show Bachmann that we are serious about this end of the hobby, and a lack of participation tells them we just don't care.  We've got to talk this up!