News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Updates to existing models

Started by Awesometrain77, October 12, 2023, 09:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesometrain77

How would you update the likes of Thomas, Percy ,etc to fit in with more recent releases detail level .

Awesometrain77

Thomas - back lining updated graphics new face CGI maybe the one that you see at the very end of the adventure begins or maybe even one that is similar to a model series face
Percy - CGI face and updated shell
James - updated lining James needs better eye brows cab interior
Gordon - updated Chassis and graphics with back lining cab interior and head lamps express code

Armada Starscream

Thank you for starting a thread like this. I have several suggestions as well.

Recolors:
Percy-black coal bunker instead of gray
James-fully black wheels
Emily-update her to include her Number 12 on her tender and maybe her water filler cap be colored black instead of green.
Annie and Clarabel-update their US Models to have the more accurate black chassis that their UK models have, instead of the inaccurate dark gray ones we have now. I have a feeling Bachmann is going to do this eventually, given that they are updating their US Thomas Models with UK Details recently. Here's hoping.

I would also like to see HO Thomas, Percy and James get front couplers at some point, although these might be more of a retool.

JLK2707

Yeah. Gordon could just use a new cab and tender. In addition to this, this could also be done for Henry since his cab and tender are slightly shorter than the TV series counterparts. In addition to this, Duck could also use a double whistle, and Spencer could a slight reshape to the boiler to make him more TV series accurate.

To top it off, Oliver could use extra handrails. This was done on the 3D printed model, but not on the bachmann model.

How do you feel about this?

Awesometrain77

I think all of these are good ideas . I would also like to see Hernettia gain a face . I think that all the pre 2005 faces are in need of a update Bertie needs a full update for sure cranky is so out of scale I would love to see a $100 new model of him that is way better . Harold also needs an update but is not needed 100% maybe update the colors of S.C. Ruffy to be his rebuilt condition .