News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

North Pole & Southern Ideas

Started by TrainFan97, October 15, 2023, 01:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

I normally stick with the Thomas & Friends board, but as we get closer to the holiday season, I do have some ideas for non-Thomas products that can use existing toolings, including more Christmas-themed locomotives and rolling stock. A wider variety of separate sale North Pole & Southern locomotives and rolling stock. Currently, the only locomotive under that roadname is the USRA 0-6-0. Here's a list of others that I think would look great Christmas-themed:

Steam:
American 4-4-0
Baldwin 4-6-0
2-6-2 Prairie
USRA 4-6-2 Light Pacific
Russian Decapod (Might be the most expensive)

Diesel:
GP40
GP7
FT-A
44-Ton Switcher
70-ton Switcher

For rolling stock, NP&S passenger cars would be a great idea, including the old-fashioned 1860-1880 era, as well as heavyweight passenger cars, caboose, and maybe a flatcar loaded with a Christmas tree.

Hopefully, some of those ideas could possibly get made at some point. Any of them would expand the Christmas variety and you would get to create whichever Christmas train you want. You might have ideas yourself that you'd like to share.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.