STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2022, 02:50:29 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Engine modifications
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Engine modifications  (Read 411 times)
TrainCollector

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2022, 09:10:14 AM »

Hey guys the reason I started this thread is because Iím in the process of making screen accurate HO scale Thomas models in HO scale. As many are aware it is possible to 3D print more accurate body shells and parts. Now I know Bachmann does make accurate parts as well for their engines. Iím currently in the process of saving for a new body shell for Thomas and James. My first question is this. Is it possible to take Duckís wheels and place them inside Thomasí Chassis? I know Duckís wheels are much more accurate for Thomas so I was wondering if itís possible to swap out Thomasí wheels for Duckís and simply paint the letterís blue. Another question I have is regarding Jamesí chassis. If I were to get Donald or Douglasí wheels is it possible for me to swap out those wheels as well? I prefer the pure black wheels rather than the blackened metal wheels James already comes with. If someone could please help me out Iíd greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time.
TrainMan2001

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 12:07:44 PM »

Hi TrainCollector,
It is possible to put Duck's wheels in Thomas' chassis, although you'll have to swap the axles that have the gears, because Duck and Thomas have different sized gears. I actually did this for my current Thomas project:

It should also be possible to do it with Donald and James' wheels and chassis, although you may need to swap the geared axles for them as well.
I hope this helps!
-TM2001

Bachmann trains are awesome! Here's my ShapeWays Shop link: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kemptown-carriage-works
TrainCollector

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 01:07:42 PM »

Thank you so much for your help. Another thing I needed to ask. Are Spencerís wheels the same size as Gordon and Henryís? I prefer the piston rods on Spencer as they arenít as thick as the piston rods on Gordon and Henry.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: