News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Night Before Christmas Broken Truck

Started by Grisstle, November 05, 2023, 11:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grisstle

Hello. In 2019, I bought a new Bachmann Night Before Christmas set. Before I could use it, along came baby and I shelved it until this year. I recently opened the box and discovered the tender car has a broken rear truck. It can't be glued and won't run without derailing. Because of my own mistake in not checking it out before storing it, there's no warranty or exchange option. I'm having difficulty finding a replacement part as none of the trucks look the same as the one I'm replacing, even accounting for the parts that can be swapped on the truck. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

RGSNH

looks like they are sold out on the Bachmann site. your best bet may be purchasing a second parts unit off Ebay

Loco Bill Canelos

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Loco Bill Canelos

Grisstle

Thanks everyone, I ended up picking up a whole spare coal tender off ebay. It wasn't great with the exchange and shipping but at least I have spare parts. In answer to another question, yeah this is only going to run at Christmas. Even with the cost of the spare the set worked out much cheaper than what I have seen the sets selling for online.

Loco Bill Canelos

Good to hear you got what you needed so have a great Christmas with the set running and with your family.