interested in adding a non DCC turntable to EZ HO layout

Started by Basstrombone1, November 29, 2023, 09:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basstrombone1

I have an analog EZ track layout. I am not upgrading to DCC. I would like to add a turntable and 3 bay maintenance garage. Are there any articles on turntables out there that will explain installing and using a non DCC turntable, and which one would work the best with EZ track setups.

Yard Master

Hi Basstrombone1,

Our current HO E-Z Track Turntable (item no. 46298) can be used on an analog layout. Even though the package says DCC, the appropriate switch and wires are included in the box for analog layout setup.

There is also a previous version of the turntable (item no. 46299) that has been discontinued, that was designed for analog operation only.

Len

Now if Bachmann would only add removable jumpers to create the necessary gaps for the 'DCC Only' #6 corssovers to be as easy to use with straight DC layouts.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Basstrombone1

Thanks for the reply Yard Master. The price on the 46298 is certainly more than I thought it would be, but it seems to be the right thing to get. I am going to the Big E show in January and see if I can find a used analog version, if there is one out there.