My locomotive on the Norman Rockwell Christmas - can’t connect cars

Started by Jerseymom, November 30, 2023, 11:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseymom

I received the Norman Rockwell Christmas train set as a gift a few years ago and now have space to put it around tree. The locomotive has no way to attach other cars and none of the other cars attach to each other easily. Right now the locomotive is traveling around by itself and the other cars are looking like they are in an abandoned train yard. Can this be fixed?

jward

Is your locomotive running with the tender aka coal car?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

trainman203

You can always figure out someway to connect them with a bread tie or something.

Jerseymom

There's nothing on the back of the locomotive to even attach a bread tie to.

Terry Toenges

Is it HO or the larger On30? Bachmann made Norman Rockwell trains in different sizes and the locos attach differently. The box should say what size it is.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

jward

Quote from: Jerseymom on December 01, 2023, 11:29:16 AMThere's nothing on the back of the locomotive to even attach a bread tie to.

That is why i asked the question I did. Flip the locomotive over. You'll see a slot underneath the cab. On the front of the tender you'll see a protruding arm with a vertical pin. This pin slides in the slot underneath the locomotive cab. With the engine and tender thus connected you should be able to couple the rest of the train to the rear of the tender.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

the Bach-man

I wonder how the connected the backwards tender in the Applebee's ad!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Jerseymom

I did look at it; I don't see a small slot, but an open space that looks like it could accommodate the tender. I'll give it a shot, thank you!