News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Reversing trolly ab track

Started by Spoff, December 14, 2023, 02:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoff

My club finally set up our n scale reversing trolly and the ab track rails came off after only a few runs. Since it is out of warranty Bachmann won't replace the whole set. They don't sell individual ab track so is there someplace that we can get one, or does anyone have one to sell?  We tried to glue it but now it doesn't reverse. Any help would be appreciated. We would like to get it running for our January open house.

Terry Toenges

Turn the track so you can see how it's wired. I guess N scale has the plastic pieces covering the wiring like HO that you have to unscrew? Get a piece of regular track and cut a gap in it. Maybe you can use the wires from the old track. You will probably have to run jumper wires to the adjoining track section. Maybe solder a wire or two. I don't remember off hand how the A-B one is wired.  If you are in a club, surely someone can figure it out.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

You could always look or a used set on EBay.That would give you more track to expand your set up plus a spare controller and trolley in case the other one goes bad.
Feel like a Mogul.

Spoff

So We took the black protector off the back and turns out the wire was not touching the rail. We taped it in temporarily to get us through the open house season and will probably solder it later on. Thanks for the suggestion.