HO RWS Gordon, Daisy, James, Toby, Percy & Thomas

Started by HenryBlue, January 05, 2008, 05:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HenryBlue

its far from finished though:P I wan2 fully detail the buffer beams as they should be rather than how they are in the book but then again was she altered like that for a reason? I seriously need information like this to produce correct RWS to be happy with but its extremly frustrating.

I never think my models are perfect and i want them to be, Gavin seems to think they are correct :P

I found a good picture of a fully detailed 101 bufferbeam, so i could work from that, i dunno really

RWS spot on models is what i want thats why Ive desicussed it endlessly with Gavin and Sean about Thomas I & II, Percy, Toby, Duck, Diesel. loads more that i cant remember :P

I got my Bachmann Thomas II to complete aswell as starting off my Hornby Thomas II, poor Gavin having me drag him into another investagation by telling him the information about his running plate, so weve got another project to do :P lol Hornby E2 Thomas with lowerd footplate  :P

Thomas I must of been given bigger wheels when he came to Sodor, why else would he have splashers when he had a rasied bufferbeam too? and after the breakfast, his full footplate was lowerd but the splashers were made bigger, still reaching the same book hight, the top of his smokebox supports.
That is somthing correct that has been included in The Bachmann Thomas and can be seen in this photo of my RWS Bachmann Thomas II but you can see the wheels are too small for the splasher and need to be spread apart more (longer chassis)

I have to scratchbuild the cab on my Duck, I m using an ancient Mainline Model, so i had to pain the GWR, bad work on it though ill just get a print of it and get the etched numberplates and do what rightfully shoud be on his bufferbeams, His GWR Number

StanierJack

Adam, may as well say this here, you could do daisy's bufferbeam by sourcing around for a Bachmann class 25 detailing kit, the pipes etc are practically the same, and using that? They are not too hard to come by, you could use similar parts though!  ;D

Daisy looks great, and the face idea is genious. Wilbert Awdry would have been proud of your Daisy, and so would Spong! Well done mate, you deserve a pint after that.

Just a thought, are you going to have a tension lock on the back so she can pull the milk tanker/van?

thomasandtoby17

I Think Dasiy Looks like a TV model for TTTE.
Well Good Luck......

The Chaz Storm

Weren't you paying attention?  This is the RWS version of the Daisy model. :P

HenryBlue

Need to find the parts to finish James, more realistic break pipe, Cut down Hornby 3F Tender, Proper  Handrails and a Valve gear. Basically the same as Daisy

They arnt anywhere near finished Im gonna cut Toby's doorways and stuff out and give him a detailed interior

metal4life

Wow, man. They both are mind-blowing.  :o

alex wittman

that part inside james's face that is a clip on so you could've pulled that out before glueing

The Chaz Storm

James and Toby look awesome, well done HenryBlue. ;)

HenryBlue

I havent glued anything on the smokebox, Ive got 4 different facial expressions for James, so i haveto change them round, plus i removed the eye mech for space for a smoke generator so you kno, its def not staying there :P

max (uk)

Wow. Its like you making the paintings from the RWS 3D! Im very imprested. Glad you sorted out the moulded bell cable on Toby. It gets on my nerves.

This is very inspiring. Makes me want to have a go. Any 'easy' project recomendations HenryBlue?

HenryBlue

ya, toby with only a repaint, others need cutting and stuff

Percys got a new chassis, Needs a new face, the ERTL One is too small, proplem is its already cut off, I could try and make it bigger, I dunno, Toby needs some more wood panels and aswel, a smaller face

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Well,Thomas's front should curve downward as shown in the show and all the
books before Stepney the Bluebell Engine.Take a look at a real E2.The running
plate curves down at the front.And all the illustrators prior to Peter and Gunvor Edwards portrayed this.When the illustrator of the Christopher Awdry era arrived he was unaware and didn't correct Thomas's appearance.

Shawmut Line Operation

Not sure if you’d be up to it HenryBlue but I have an idea you could try.  Why not make a green James like the one that was in the Christopher Awdry story Thomas and the Breakdown Train.  It’s just an idea you don’t have to do it if you don’t want to. :-\
You know I hope HenryBlue ends up like Percy did.  He always thinking he's better than me all the time.  If that isn't Percy who did something stupid its probably HenryBlue.

StanierJack

Quote from: FPTP-Man on January 19, 2008, 05:16:27 PM
Not sure if you’d be up to it HenryBlue but I have an idea you could try.  Why not make a green James like the one that was in the Christopher Awdry story Thomas and the Breakdown Train.  It’s just an idea you don’t have to do it if you don’t want to. :-\

He was Black, Lined with Red actually.

PRRThomas11

PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World"