HO RWS Gordon, Daisy, James, Toby, Percy & Thomas

Started by HenryBlue, January 05, 2008, 05:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HenryBlue

Percy is On hold for a new chassis, anyway, Ive started on my daisy, Made from a 2 car 101 class DMU, with the motor boigie corridor end cut off and replaced with the cab end of the dummy driving unit, and its looking sexy so far and after loads of fiddling, Ive fixed a boigie that hasnt worked in over 10 years and it runs beautifully now, MIRICLE!!!!

Do you think its a clean cut?

I got the lining to do and the missing chunks out of the fromt under the bufferbeam, but mainly the paint at the front needs tidying up, far from finished in my eyes :P

Face? I dunno blu tak coverd in superglue and then painted? lol

I decided to go tghis way using the 2 car DMU class 101 instead of the Hornby 121 bubblecar because of the differences, Daisy Is a 101 Bubblecar, not a 121 so there you go lads :D

StanierJack

HenryBlue

heres the finished paintwork, on my side ive still got alot of work to do to it such a a RWS Face and brakepiples, extra detail and other crap:  what do you think?

Guilford Guy

Buy some plastic putty, or plastic filler. Testors makes a pretty cheap tube of it.
Just spread it on with your finger. If you spread it lightly with your finger it dries faster. But if you have a large gap, or are filling in a window, spread it on generously, and give 5+hours to dry. Then sand it off with  fine grit sand paper. you may want to seal it all with a bit of superglue and sand out ny more imperfections.
Alex

Guilford Guy

Also, buy some decal striping... It works a lot better than painting on stripes.
Alex

max (uk)

I wonder where topkazfatt got his Daisy face from. Looked like he did the TV methord of Boco's face with some makeup!  :P

The Chaz Storm

Daisy looks great well done mate. ;)

max (uk)

Nah, Hornby would do a 121 as explained.  :-\

HenryBlue

exctly, making mine a more correct model, And because I am acculy using Daisy's proper class, class 101, she should turn out perfect with the paintjob, detailing and face are done.

So All I have to do is cut the windows and doors out of toby and repaint him completely and make his face abit smaller and RWS Toby done and then Thats all the Ffarquhar Branch Locos done for My Ffarquhar layout

Thomas (both RWS versions)
Percy

Toby
Daisy
Mavis

the middle lining is done, now another coat of green and red and then her number D1 and its gonna get another coat of green and the face is gonna be an thin ERTL face with bluetak to spread the area out and it gettin painted green like in the books to match the colour of the body, bye bye mascara and eyeshadow :P

The Chaz Storm

I can't tell you how impressed I am with this Daisy model, it looks so awesome!  I can't wait to see a video of it running (If you plan on making one that is) ;)

max (uk)

Yes, you are a credit to Awdry and his models.

Mr Tickle

I have to agree, these models are extremely good, I love that Percy, just like in the books.

I would really like to see photos of all your models Henryblue, where could they be seen, if there are any?

:-)

HenryBlue

Yea most of my work is on MTF as i am a moderator :P
http://modeling22.proboards74.com/index.cgi

Rite heres the process of the face to make it removable:      all oi need to do is another coat pf green and her number D1

The Chaz Storm

Daisy turned out much better then I thought, and very realistic, well done Henryblue! ;)

jayme

great work man you should sell the directions online so other people can try to build them  :o keep up the good work