News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Overland Limited Set

Started by gbullock, December 24, 2023, 06:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbullock

Hello Fellow HO'ers,

I've been shopping this set and see it on Amazon in either steel alloy track or nickel silver track but no way to differentiate between them at point of purchase.   So is this just an Amazon mistake as even in the Bachmann online catalog I see no mention of this difference.

Also my local hobby store (R/C Country)
has no way to differentiate.

I would like to order one with the nickel silver track if possible.

Feedback from someone knowledgeable would be appreciated.

Regards and happy holiday,

gbullock

Len

Looking at the video on the product page, click the camera under the picture, it looks like the set comes with steel rail, black roadbed, track.
https://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1800

You would have to buy nickel silver track seperately if that's what you want. The set comes with 22" radius curves.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Terry Toenges

Are you aware that the steel track has the black roadbed and the nickel silver track has the gray roadbed? The pics I see on Amazon show the black roadbed.
Feel like a Mogul.

jward

I am going to assume that you don't already have a layout to run this one on.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

gbullock

Folks,

I'm aware of black and Grey track beds.

Yes, I don't have a layout to run this set on, yet

Just looks like another way to make sales on folks.

Still would like to know why I saw the idea of this set with nickel-silver as well as steel alloy.

If someone has a part number of the set with nickel-silver I would love to have it.

Regards,

gbullock

Len

There are a few pics of the set online where the lighting gives the black roadbed a grey cast, but it's not the light grey of the NS track. The only pics and videos I can find of the set's train on NS track are on existing layouts built with NS track. I can't find any reference to the Bachmann 'Overland Limited Set' being available with NS track.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Bachmann Industries, Inc.

The Overland has always come with steel alloy (black roadbed) track.  Any reference to Nickel silver was either a mistake by the seller or they upgraded the set to Nickel Silver on their own.