News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Finally an American for Me!

Started by calenelson, January 09, 2008, 03:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calenelson

I've never been one to follow the crowd...so.......I went away from the Mad Rush for the new Bachmann K, and bought us a NOS Bachmann American-Undecorated.

I have longed for one of these early engines for a while and after seeing what Kevin Strong did with one in the latest GR Mag, I took the plunge...(still yet to receive the mag, but have enjoyed the pics online!).

I plan on installing the RCS Elite and Sierra in due time.  I hope to find some AC/Delton Hoppers and a few Bachmann Wood Ore Cars at the SElSTS to round out a prototypical looking consist.

I was not really surprised at the fine detail of this engine and packed it away pretty quickly to protect it from my Lukes' prying little digits.

More than likely this will be "my" engine...the boys have theirs and I hope to use this for some self-lessons in photography and weathering.

Have a Great Day!

Cale

Ricky

Hi Cale,
Not to NOT go with the crowd...  ;D....but, I deliberately didn't buy a Bachmann 4-4-0 when they first came out...and still don't have one now...because I was always HOPING that they would do a K-something, (27, 28, 36, 37, or?)...so I passed by the 4-4-0, (which I knew I wanted anyway), but I'm not what one could call rich....so I kept saving my money for a K engine.  Now that I have a K27,...NOW I will start saving for finding the 4-4-0 next.  (and, after that...start saving for a K36, K37...and HOPE they will make that locomotive...but, for me to start saving for it NOW). So, at some point, I will still buy a 4-4-0.

Rick

grumpy

You guys missed the best one .The Mogul 2-6-0 Unlettered Russian Iron is  or was a beaut for $225.00 from St. Aubin. I don't know how accurate the detail is but it is well detailed and the finish is excellent for my standards.
Don

Ricky

Hi Don,  I really like the Mogul too. I wish I could buy ALL of the engines I like! When I really got excited about Moguls was way back when I was in my teens and twenties...and always dreamed...NOTE: "DREAMED" being the operatative word here!...of building the 1 1/2" scale, 7" gauge..or GASP, the 3" scale, 15" gauge....Mogul from the Winton Engineering catalog! WOW!!! What an incredible engine!!  Never mind that I could never in a million years afford it, or have anywhere to run it...but WOW! What a beauty!....I still have that Winton Engineering (Winton Brown) Catalog to this day....stoed in the same place as my Little Engines Inc., and Railroad Supply Corp. catalogs.  (Never mind that I also planned on a career as either a Bush Pilot or Airline Pilot...but my eyes stopped that).

Rick