News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Curved track accessories

Started by CraigB, December 26, 2023, 08:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigB

Why doesnt Bachmann offer accessories for curvred ez track like curved bridges, railroad crossing gates for curved track or roads that butt up to curved track.......etc.  Not all layouts are big enough to afford to run all of these things to or over straight track.  Thanks.

Terry Toenges

You could make your own.

-------------------

------------------

Feel like a Mogul.

CraigB

Thanks!  Never thought to run a curve through a double wide straight bridge.  Im a bit of a newbie.

jward

Model railroading is and always has been a do it yourself hobby. If you don't see what you want, it is usally easy enough to modify or build something that fits where you want it to. Curved road crossings are not that hard to build yourself. And the modified bridge Terry showed you is just what the real railroads do. Unlike highway bridges, railroad bridges on curves consist of straight bridge spans with a curved track on them.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

CraigB

I got a 3D printer in 2022 for Christmas that I really had no use for.  I think I just found one.  Should be easy enough to print curved bridges and crossings.  Thanks guys.  Craig

Terry Toenges

It has a solid basswood base. Then I cut pieces of wood to conform to the curve and beveled the inside edges. That way, I can slide a piece of track in.  I used my longest passenger car as a guide for side clearance before I cut them.
I used pieces of square strip wood underneath to correspond with the vertical braces.
On one side, I had to piece together two side pieces to make it long enough. They are just bridge sides from a kit.
I added strips of wood along the deck and butted the sides up against them.
Feel like a Mogul.

CraigB

Found a guy on line who posts all kinds of HO scale buildings and accessories that can be downloaded for free.  Dowloaded and printed this curved bridge.  A little spay paint and it will work great!  Tried to post a pic but the upload directory is full.