Query; "G scale crossing gate" PN: BCH96214

Started by doug c, January 09, 2024, 04:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug c

On a vendors webpage, they state "This product is only compatible with Bachmann Steel Alloy Track"

Has anyone successfully upgraded it to brass track (swap out the steel'),  or configured it electrically(?) to work with brass ?

Thanks
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

doug c

Another reason,  I asked was that it was one of the "Bachmann Large scale" items that was mrkd down 50%, at a local vendor four days ago.

Will be dropping by again hopefully today, as part of my shopping circuit. See if it is still available.  :-)   

veetwelve

Hi Doug,

I assume you are referring to Bachmann product #96214.  If that is accurate, I see no electrical reason that it would not work with brass track.  The problem would be one of mechanically joining the steel track on the crossing gate with brass track on either side of it.  The disclaimer was no doubt published so that a customer with Bachmann's brass track would not be disappointed when they found out it would not fit on their layout.  So in your case, it should work fine if you manage to fabricate some adapters that would allow your brass track to physically (and electrically) join with the steel crossing gate track.

Best of luck,
Jay

doug c

Thanks Jay! 

Ahhhh, so if I still have a couple sets of brass joiners waiting to be used still (or acquire),  .....great chance of the crossing being seen in the future somewheres on the PSRB rwy !    LoL

Doug

p.s. time to get rollin', ..... maybe pop over to the vendor first as they close within 1.5hrs, but of course first layer up sufficiently for the -30c temps today (& tomorrow) !   ::)  :D