News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How awesome the 2-10-0s are.

Started by Tenwheeler01, January 09, 2024, 02:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenwheeler01

I just want to give kudos to Bachmann for a great locomotive. I have 3 of them and they work the yard and industry areas. 

They have great detail and run smooth. and can crawl at very low speeds.   Now they great thing Bachmann has done is to go with TCS WOW decoders. This makes this already great loco even better.

First the sound this little loco puts out is outstanding. It is CD-quality uncompressed samples. I can hear the loose base compression in the other band decoders. It's very obvious when they are running side by side. Bachmann put the large High Bass speaking in the 2-10-0 another plus.  And the WOW has a 4Gb SD card (that's around 5 CD of audio storage.)

Beside the high quality sound.  The WOW also has "True Scale Sound" and this works great I will more reviewers would demonstrate this feature.  And it works perfectly on 2-10-0.  The Chuffs get louder and more intense has you start to pull a load of cars out of the yard and then even more has pull the cars up a grade. and then as you go down the grade it automatically start playing the costing sounds. (This is one main feature that has made we change out most of decoders to WOWs and TSU2s) The audio assist menu is very handy and very easy to use. And it has the ability to turn on automatic tots and bells (for us with lazy fingers). 

These are great little locos.   

And I am so thankfully Bachmann is using TCS WOWS and SoundTraxx decoders.

also lets not forget the axle ends are also painted!

Good job Bachmann.

Yard Master

trainman203

I have always loved the decapods and waited long years for them to reappear during their long vacation from the catalog.  I have only yet to buy one of the new run because of the TCS sound when I prefer the Soundtraxx tsunami 2–2. Not that I need one very badly. I have seven operating at the moment, 2 in reserve awaiting decoders.

My favorite road the Missouri Pacific had eight of them and my second favorite road the Frisco had 20 of these engines.  Five of the Frisco engines still exist and one is actually in operation. They were exceptionally suited to lightly built short line track and accordingly ran on several such lines.