EMC Gas Electric Spectrum Doodlebug

Started by Rapid Red Cruiser, January 25, 2024, 02:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rapid Red Cruiser

I recently discovered two cracked drive gears in the Powered Truck Assembly. I contacted Bachman Parts Service and they told me the Doodlebug was discontinued 10+ years ago and no parts are available. I am looking for the complete Powered Truck Assembly Stock #H81409. Let me know if anyone has this part or where I might find one. Thank you.

dvjw78@yahoo.com

Your problem is easy, but expensive.   North west short line (NWSL) will sell you a power truck..  Measure the wheel base for the size.  If you buy from NWSL cosst $95.00, IF EBAY has the correct wheel base $75.00.  I currently getting power truck for Halmark M-190, NWSL is makeing me one, shipping time one week!!

Piyer

Quote from: dvjw78@yahoo.com on February 08, 2024, 10:28:29 PMYour problem is easy, but expensive.   North west short line (NWSL) will sell you a power truck..  Measure the wheel base for the size.  If you buy from NWSL cosst $95.00, IF EBAY has the correct wheel base $75.00.  I currently getting power truck for Halmark M-190, NWSL is makeing me one, shipping time one week!!

Y'all now have me concerned over the state of my doodlebugs. Can the gear issue be fixed ala the Proto-2000 issue by using Athearn parts, or are they unique to the Doodlebug?
~AJ Kleipass~
Proto-freelance modeling the Tri-State System c.1942
The layout is based upon the operations of the Delaware Valley Railway,
the New York, Susquehanna & Western, the Wilkes-Barre & Eastern,
the Middletown & Unionville, and the New York, Ontario & Western.