Left Hand EZ Track Switches for Spurs

Started by Solovey, January 28, 2024, 06:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solovey

Hello, I am setting up a layout using N Gauge EZ Track ( Grey ) and have two left hand switches coming of a main line to two spurs. I want to be able to deaden or activate the spurs remotely ( Analog ) via throwing the switches. Can some one point me to an article or right information so I can figure this out.  - Thanks In Advance !  :)

jward

Not sure what you're asking. The package the switches came in should have the instructions on the back. If you;re running  analog DC, you connect the two conductor wire from the AC or accessory terminals of your controller to the side contacts of the switch control box. The three conductor wire from the switch itself plugs into the top side of the box. That's it. It's a very simple hookup.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Terry Toenges

I think he is asking about isolating the spurs not controlling the turnouts. Turning power on and off for the spurs.
Feel like a Mogul.

jward

Quote from: Terry Toenges on January 29, 2024, 12:40:00 PMI think he is asking about isolating the spurs not controlling the turnouts. Turning power on and off for the spurs.

In that case, the easiest way is to use an Atlas Snap Relay  spliced into the 3 conductor wire from the switch control box.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Solovey

This is what i was looking for !  Thanks so much :)

Solovey

Fosterw1948

I just purchased the " Bachmann Digital Commander" plus 2 track packs. I have set up everything and trying to program the turnouts. The problem is that the turnouts don't have the button I need to push to program the turn out. The ones I received in the pack can only be manually switched. How can I get the ones that can be programed. They were supposed to be in my pack.

jward

Looking through the Bachmann catalog it appears that NONE of the track packs contain DCC switches. You can't program it if it's not DCC. If you want DCC switches you have to either convert them with an accessory decoder, or buy them already DCC equipped. 
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA