News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Correct Decals

Started by RedMt Dave, February 05, 2024, 06:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedMt Dave

So I purchased three Walthers Mainline passenger cars (Budd Baggage Lounge, Sleeper and Dome Coach) and was happy to find that each one came with decals. I notice that the decal kits are different for each car. I would like to be as authentic as possible and try to find out which numbering scheme I should use as well as the proper placement.
I notice that the Dome coach has a 500 series decals, where the Baggage Lounge has 1380 series decals. Does it matter which number in the series that I use?

jward

First of all, what railroad were these for? Every railroad had their own numbering system for equipment, so without knowing which railroad you are referring to we have know way of providing the correct answer, or point you toward a place where you might find the answer.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

trainman203

We need to remind ourselves periodically that this is the Bach Man's house.  And we shouldn't be discussing other peoples' stuff so much here.

Whatever Railroad those cars are lettered for, contact the appropriate historical society and they will tell you everything you need to do and more.

Len

Maybe he wants to get them right to pull behind a Bachmann locomotive he's already determined has correct numbering.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

RedMt Dave

These are for the Santa Fe line. Really what I am looking for is the correct placement on the passenger car itself.
I know that this is a Bachmann FAQ, but seriously? BTW - I'm pulling the cars with a Bachmann EMD FT-A locomotive, if that helps.

RedMt Dave

I think I found my answers on another website.  Thank you.

trainman203

Any Railroad historical Society is really the best place to get answers for questions like this.  This forum is really intended to mostly help beginners that have questions or issues with Bachmann equipment.  Bachmann maintains the forum at its expense and has an employee spending time on it that he could be doing something else, so it only makes sense that they would prefer we discuss their merchandise here instead of filling up space and time with unrelated discussions.

Like any long time model railroader, I have a lot of equipment by a lot of different vendors, but if I have a question about something not offered by the Bach Man, I go somewhere else.

Larryls

I have a MRC 501 N controller that says n gauge. Getting into the hobby. Will this work satisfactory on HO gauge train also?