News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC equipped Locomotive wont run on DC setup

Started by Crypts, February 13, 2024, 10:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crypts

so i bought a Bachmann RF-16 from eBay and it wont run. it says that it can go on both and the seller said it ran well for him. so is there something i need to do to get it to run on my DC setup. i'm using the Bachmann E-Z track and a controller from the Thomas stater set.

jward

In many cases the owner will disable the DC mode on their decoder. I do this on mine because DCC has a constant track voltage while traditional DC uses variable voltage to control speed. A Dual mode decoder that thinks it is on DC track when it is actually on DC will cause the locomotive to take off at top speed and not respond to anything except disconnecting power from the track.

In your case I'd be willing to bet the seller did this. It works fine for him because he is running it on DCC. Ask him if he ran it on DC.

You'll have to find a person who has a DCC system who can reprogram the DC setting in your decoder.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

trainbuf

Can anyone tell me which DCC decoder was used on the 50 ton Climax please ???  loco runs fine on DC  but converting whole layout to DCC and want sound as well.
Similar with the three truck shay..... what decoder gives me the correct sound.

Lou A Hocken
Blenheim  NZ.

trainman203

Quote from: trainbuf on March 08, 2024, 02:59:12 AMCan anyone tell me which DCC decoder was used on the 50 ton Climax please ???  loco runs fine on DC  but converting whole layout to DCC and want sound as well.
Similar with the three truck shay..... what decoder gives me the correct sound.

Lou A Hocken
Blenheim  NZ.

I answered this in another post.