News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spur Gear Identification 4-6-0 HO # 82307

Started by russ daley, February 17, 2024, 06:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russ daley

Hey All...

I really need several of these...found this on NWSL Site. Can anyone confirm this is the correct gear for this model? It would be so appreciated. If not...anyone have specs? Then my next question would be do I need any special tools or are there instructions on how to replace the gear...I'm at the point of no other choice other than making this repair attempt. 

Spur Gear, 0.4mod x 20 Teeth x 8.6mm OD x 0.110" Face x 3.0mm Bore, Delrin
Compatible with:  Bachmann HO 4-6-0 ten wheeler axle gear

Thanks,
Russ Daley

trainman203

You'll need a quartering jig to reset the driver precisely

russ daley

I love this hobby....Probably need a gear puller too...Let's see that's about $50-70 just in tooling. 

trainman203

Money for tooling you will probably never use again, also.

I'd put that money towards a new engine. And keep the faulty one for parts.  The new engine you will use over and over again.  The tooling will most likely never see the light of day again.

Bachmann used to sell separately available tenders, but quit a very long time ago. But everybody wants one. You could probably sell the extra tender and get a lot of your money back to pay for the new engine.

Also, on the online auctions, people sell damaged engines for parts only. You could do that and recover a good bit of the purchase price for a new engine.

russ daley

Exactly my thoughts...thanks for your feedback. 

trainman203

I've got four dead ones right now that I pull parts off of every now and then.

russ daley

OK...back on trying to get the gear identified. I have two complete engines needing this gear. Golf starts soon so goodbye to the train room for a while but do need to get this gear identified...Hey BACH-MAN...could you help me?

thanks,
Russ Daley