News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO S2 won't start on DC

Started by standerby, February 26, 2024, 10:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

standerby

Hello, I am new to HO train world because of my son. We bought a almost brand new HO S2 train. It looks perfect. The only issue is it won't start when I put it on the DC track. There is no sound. The light blinks 10 times, stops, then blinks 10 times again. I am wondering if there is reset button? Thanks for your help.

bapguy

According to Soundtraxx, 10 light blinks means the deocder is getting too much voltage. Get a meter and measure the voltage at the track. Should not exceed 20 volts. There is no reset button. What power pack are you using?

standerby

I finally got time to test it out. The light will come on after voltage is over 15V.

jward

What are you using to power your track that you are getting 15+ volts on the rails even with a locomotive on the track? I could see getting that reading if there was nothing on the track, due to meter loading. But having a load online like the locomotive should drop that track voltage down to 12 or less if you're using an HO controller.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

standerby

It's a Atlas 2j61. The maximum output is 17v. With the train on the track I get 15.37V.

jward

Have you tried reading the voltage with a known working locomotive on the rails? If so, what was the voltage?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA