Signal light for DCC Controlled Turnouts

Started by jdeilus, February 27, 2024, 07:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdeilus

I am new to running HO trains and I'm building a 6X10 Layout that has six turnouts.  I have DCC Decoders that will control the turnouts with my EZ command plus or by pushing the button on the decoder.  The issue is I can't see the turnouts in the back to know what position it is in.  I see a lot of videos on Red/Green signal lights that can be installed next to the turnout. But all these videos are not made for DCC controlled turnouts.  Is there a way I can set up these signals?  Sometimes I will rather push the DCC decoder button to make the switch instead of using the sequence of 9+function then the assigned number.  I cannot control the speed of the train when in this function.
I will appreciate any assistance.   Please respond in simple terms since I am new to this.

Piyer

Check the documentation that came with your turnout / turnout motor to see if there are auxiliary contacts for wiring control panel lights. Alternatively, the accessory decoder can probably be wired to operate a relay at the same time as the switch motor, the relay would simply switch between illuminating a red or green LED signal or on your control panel.
~AJ Kleipass~
Proto-freelance modeling the Tri-State System c.1942
The layout is based upon the operations of the Delaware Valley Railway,
the New York, Susquehanna & Western, the Wilkes-Barre & Eastern,
the Middletown & Unionville, and the New York, Ontario & Western.