HO Spectrum / ex-Spectrum USRA 2-10-2 Minimum Radius?

Started by Searsport, March 09, 2024, 09:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Searsport

Hi, what are the "official" and "actual" minimum radius curves for this model, please? I have not found it specified in the official blurb.
Thanks,
Bill.

BobZ

Per Bachmann's catalog, a 2-10-0 has a minimum of 22" radius. I would think a 2-10-2 would be the same.

Searsport

Hi Bob, thanks. If by the 2-10-0 you mean the Russian Decapod, that is a much shorter model than the USRA 2-10-2 model, the whole loco and tender are only 10" long, the same as the 2-8-0, and it has flangeless driving wheels on the 3rd, i.e. centre, axle. I am guessing the 2-10-2 will need a wider radius than the decapod.

Tenwheeler01

The Bachmann 2009 catalog has "performs best on 22" radius curves or greater" (I case anyone was wondering and wants to peruse old catalogs, they are on the Bachmann web page).

Not sure what the real world radius is for the 2-10-2. The 2-10-0 is a much smaller locomotive and they have 22" listed for it also but it runs just fine on 18" radius curves and can even ride on 9" long turntable. But the 2-10-0 has a shorter wheel base then the 2-10-2 so logical it should handle tighter curves.

Searsport

My Spectrum Russian Decapods will go anywhere my Spectrum Consolidations will go.
Bill.