hey guys I am building a HO track for me and my grandson's....

Started by MACH2RACE@YAHOO.COM, March 09, 2024, 06:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MACH2RACE@YAHOO.COM

I have an ABS folding table that I want to mount the Bachman EZ track to.  I will hang this table up, when not in use. So, I need the track secured to the table top, so I can fold up the legs. Is there a way i can screw the track sections to the table top? Is there some type of bracket or keeper that will attach to the track, that i can screw to the surface. Since the track will be hang up verticle, it needs to be secured very well.

Thanks alot!
TB

trainman203

Use a small drill bit in a pin vise to drill holes at each end of each track section. Drill through a crosstie.

Secure the track to the table with appropriate screws.  You probably will have to drill a hole for each screw in the table top.  Paint the screw head flat black to match the tie.  Use screws District with a small and flat ahead as possible for minimally intrusive appearance.

Len

Without mentioning the name, another outfits #6094 track screws for their O-gauge track work well for what you're planning. And they are already blackened. Like Trainman said, you'll have to predrill clearance holes in the track and thread catching holes in the table top though.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.