News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachman on other dcc systems

Started by Pc6275, March 12, 2024, 08:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pc6275

I don't have ez command system but have prodigy express, my question is that I have quite a few spectrum and plus locomotives, several have dcc on board.  My question is, how do I program the locomotive to work on prodigy express? I bought these locomotives several yrs ago most on either ebay or Amazon or locally used. I just went thru the difficulty of resetting a lifelike dcc sound equipped locomotive on said system

Len

The user manual should explain how to program locos with your system. If you've lost it, you can download one from here:
https://data2.manualslib.com/pdf7/242/24152/2415107-mrc/prodigy_express2.pdf?0e78718ac3c3f431796cd31727e85790

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Fred Klein

I don't know if this holds true for the Prodigy Express system or not, but in order to program my Bachmann locomotives on my Digitrax Zephyr system, per Digitrax support, I have to add a 1K-ohm resistor across the rails on the programming track in order for the Digitrax system to recognize the Bachmann decoders. According to Digitrax support, some of the Bachmann decoders do not generate enough of a "load" for the Digitrax system to recognize them. Once I added the resistor, all of my programming problems disappeared. Digitrax also recommends removing the resistor when programming other (non-Bachmann) decoders. Again, the above may not hold true for your system. Hope this helps.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

trainman203