News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

G-Scale Trolley motor brushes and springs

Started by BillC, March 14, 2024, 12:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillC

I am looking for replacement brushes and springs for the Trolley motor. Any ideas where I can find them? Is this the same motor assembly as some of the HO motor assemblies?

Fred2179

Quote from: BillC on March 14, 2024, 12:48:58 PMIs this the same motor assembly as some of the HO motor assemblies?
I think so, but the brush assemblies are a little different. They tend to melt, so you have to do some fettlin' to make them fit. Check out this thread:
https://largescalecentral.com/t/re-motoring-a-bachmann-4-wheel-trolley/78214

The problem is the convoluted way the brushes connect to the pickups. This pic shows you the differences.

BillC

Fred, thanks for the info and the link, very informative. I was actually attempting to do what PeterT (in the link) doing. I have another HO motor I am using the brush cap from and will adapt it. Looks like I may need to use the armature also as the trolley armature has melted plastic all over it (the brush cap as severely melted around one brush. I am going to try to pop the brush holders out of the HO brush cap (I have already popped them from the trolley's) and see if I can put the brush holders from the trolley into the HO brush cap. This will keep the bizarre brush connections intact.