News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track

Started by Dave1227, March 22, 2024, 11:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave1227

New to EZ Tracks. What is the best way to make them permanent on my foam board base, hot glue?
What have you used?

Terry Toenges

I use a spot of white glue every 4-8" inches along the sides of the roadbed. If I ever want to change something, it's easy to pull up.
Feel like a Mogul.

Dave1227

Quote from: Terry Toenges on March 22, 2024, 12:45:37 PMI use a spot of white glue every 4-8" inches along the sides of the roadbed. If I ever want to change something, it's easy to pull up.

Thanks Terry I will give it a try.

Dave1227

Also Terry what is your base material? Ply or foam or foam on ply?

trainman203

I found that EZ track is susceptible to slight warping at the ends from  rail expansion and contraction, while the plastic base does not.  I screw my track down directly to a plywood subbase.  But if you use a foam base and glue the track down like Terry suggested, I'd do it on all corners of the section of track to hold it down where the warpage is.

Terry Toenges

Mine is foam on plywood. I do do the glue dabs closer together on the curves. With straights, I can do them father apart.
Feel like a Mogul.

Dave1227

Got you and thanks.

Terry Toenges

If you attach the E-Z Track directly to the foam, it will be noisy.
In the past, I have used rubberized shelf liner (The kind with the holes in it.) attached to the foam with dabs of white glue.  Then, attach the track to the shelf liner with dabs of white glue. It made it much quieter.  It comes in different colors too.
I just cut strips of it a little wider than the roadbed. You can disguise it with ballast or whatever.

Feel like a Mogul.