The new Bachmann heavy 482, Congradulations bachmann! Looks like you guys are f

Started by robderebel, January 07, 2008, 01:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robderebel

Are finially getting the system of making N scale steam.

You've had limited success with the 280, moderate success with the light 482, and now according to the reviews
your 482 heavy had made great leaps in performance.  I also noticed you've revamped the NW 484 and they too are
having good reviews.   Congradulations on your successes.  Keep up the good work.   Now if you can get a motor for
the 210 0 and 460 you guys will be on a roll.

N scale needs a manufacterer that is serious about making quality steam. Prior to this Athearn was the only one
driving in the home run.   We can now add Bachmann to the team.  Modelers are serious about steam in N please
keep up the good work.

Rob de rebel

scottychaos

just a minor FYI..
no one ever says 482, 280 or 460.
its 4-8-2, 2-8-0 and 4-6-0..
the dashes are a necessary part of the terminology..
been that way for 175 years.
its simply wrong without them..

I actually didnt know what you meant at first!  ;)

Scot

robderebel

Hello Scotty,
  Yes its wrong and I'll be the first to admit it. but I'm lazy when it comes to typing.. Since the discussion is on steam, it didn't take rocket science to figure out what I meant.   Regardless the posts main theme is Bachmanns outstanding new heavy Mountain.  I whole heartedly recommend anyone looking for med steam to consider it as your first purchase.  You cannot go wrong, (unless you have 9 inch radius curves that is)

Rob

r.cprmier

Rob;

Forget that stuff;  Just say it correctly and you will avoid any future mess-up in major proportions.  It does happen.

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

SteamGene

Scott,
280 is a C&O C16 (0-8-0) built in 1948
482 is a C&O F18 (4-6-2) built in 1923
460 is either a C&O G7 (2-8-0) built in 1903 or a F16 (4-6-2) built in 1913
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad