News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

K-27 Shipping

Started by Doug.Oaks, January 08, 2008, 09:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug.Oaks

Where, oh where, are the K-27s destined for Denver and Caboose hobbies?

rslater

Caboose Hobbies claims to be shipping on the 10th.  I am waiting and waiting for mine, coming from Denver also. :'(

Doug.Oaks

As of yesterday late, Monday, they were hoping to get them on  the 10th. I think that they are being floated up the Platte River. It's not that I'm getting anxious, or anything.

Doug

rslater

I just canceled my order with CH. Ordered from Ridge Road Station.  $25 more but a lot less in shipping.  THEY ARE ALSO "IN STOCK"

"Trainman"

I had one ordered thru Caboose but cancelled it due to price difference at St. A-------. Ordered one from them on Friday the 4th and received it on Monday the 7th.  It's a great engine! ;D

Steve Stockham

Okay, I've got to say something here - Bachmann, I don't know whom you people have running your marketing dept. but they need to be sat down and given a LONG and HARD talking to! This kind of screw-up is unacceptable in the business world and it is only the latest in a series of inconceivable foul-ups that have plagued Bachmann with this project! >:(
   Large retailers like Caboose Hobbies (10 pallets worth of K-27's?) that don't receive any merchandise for two weeks while smaller retailers around the country are getting them easily??!! I know because I called. Bachmann had promised them that they were shipped last week which turned out to be wrong (I won't call it a lie but the effect is the same...) Bad business practices boys....... :-[

bobgrosh

You can bet I will not pre-order another Bachmann Loco, People are getting them off the shelf and I am still waiting.

When you order a Kay practically the day the model numbers and prices are announced, you sort of expect some sort of priority in the shipping order.

Isn't there some way to fill pre-orders first?

B0B

Doug.Oaks

I too pre-ordered early in my anxiousness. Because Caboose was early to advertise, I went with them instead of St. A's, my usual supplier. I've always recieved great service and fast delivery from St A's, not to mention a smaller shipping fee than Caboose. Of course, St. A's is now out of the model that I want. I don't blame Caboose at all, just myself. My enthusiasm overcame my common sense.
Shame on me, and shame on Bachmann shipping.

Doug

Steve Stockham

Apparently, we spoke a bit too soon as Caboose Hobbies confirmed that they received a shipment of K-27's yesterday and that mine had already been shipped out (fast turnaround!) Whatever the problem was (and I was admonished by someone behind the scenes that it might not be Bachmann's fault and to stop and consider before spreading rumors) it has been fixed and now ALL large retailers have the K's and are shipping them! ;D
  I actually went with the #463 as it is my favorite engine hands down! (By favorite I mean ALL engines and not just the various K's!) The prototype is in Alamosa, CO waiting for it's FRA boiler inspection and refurbishment. When completed it will once again ply the narrow rails of the Toltec Gorge as it runs on the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad! Until then I will enjoy my own #463 as it becomes the crown jewel on my railroad!

Jon D. Miller

Steve,

Quote(and I was admonished by someone behind the scenes that it might not be Bachmann's fault and to stop and consider before spreading rumors)

Why would anyone that has watched your actions for any length of time expect anything less.

This latest has not topped the best one of all that you pulled several years ago at the ECLSTS and managed to get posted on a forum. 

You do not disappoint when it comes to this type action!

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Steve Stockham

Yeah, well the "rumor" that you were referring to was an "April Fool" post that got out of hand! I said that I was admonished to consider how my posts might harm the hobby before perpetuating rumors. I didn't say I agreed with the person in question! Far from it in fact! There's a big difference between legitimate questioning of marketing and a totally obvious fabrication on April 1st!! Be that as it may, I was willing to let it lie but if you want to make something of it please, let's take it over to MLS where this started and I will be happy to discuss it with you.

Steve Stockham

Hmph! I didn't think so....