News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Recomended Engines

Started by rains train, January 09, 2008, 10:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoundedBear

Bachmann also markets a Standard line 0-6-0 with DCC On-Board......but you have to buy it in a set along with an EZ Commander.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/catalog/?function=detail&id=1640

Sid

rains train

Okay guys, I decided to buy a small diesel switcher engine. It comes with DCC and sound! I'm running the heck out of it with a track cleaning car (track is really dirty) and it sound great, I love it! This is my first sound engine...as I only have two engines...so, I'm off to a good start! ;D

This is K-10's Modle Trains, AKA...best place in the world!

SteamGene

Likewise the Proto USRA 0-8-0, also with sound and DCC.  The newer Bachmann USRA 0-6-0s are not bad, but a kitbash will be necessary to have an operating frount coupler - and how can you have a switcher without a front coupler that works?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

James Hail

I can second the Mantua 0-6-0 The new version from Model Powers re-issue Mantua classics is 
a good runner...NO # 393001 Tank Switcher...but i had to add third wheel pickup on the insulated side of the drivers as it was only two wheel pickup on one side and would stall in non powered frog type switches at slow speeds.

Chassis has brass bearings for the axles......quiet smooth can motor drive.Quality little loco.Headlight and rear light, Nice brass swinging bell.

Used a Digitraxx DZ 123 decoder........it gets lost inside the cab.....other decoders (nce) were to long to fit.

Got it for a steal last year at hobby Lobby for $16.66

Jim
Currently landscaping and ballasting a 4x10 HO.....using a NCE DCC PowerCab and Having a Blast.[move]