I can't believe I'm the only one who noticed this - - - NEW KATO!

Started by UP_Modeler, May 08, 2008, 07:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UP_Modeler

Dudes,

Check it out.  Kirk Reddie scooped all of the forums and I can't believe no one noticed this yet.  According to his "NSR Horizons" column on page 58 in the May-June NSR Magazine . . . and I quote . . .

"08-09/08 should see a new set of Santa Fe Super Chief starter sets with an F7A and 3 Super Chief cars (sleeper, diner and observation). Available separately are the F7A, F7B, Pleasure Dome and 4 car sets."

HELLO!  Santa Fe Pleasure Domes coming from Kato!  I remember when all the Santa Fe modelers panned Kato for not offering this car in the sets.  Well, they are now answering the call.  Looks like the Super Chief can now be accurately modeled. ;D

Mike :)

fieromike

Quote from: UP_Modeler on May 08, 2008, 07:42:58 PM
Dudes,

Check it out.  Kirk Reddie scooped all of the forums and I can't believe no one noticed this yet.  According to his "NSR Horizons" column on page 58 in the May-June NSR Magazine . . . and I quote . . .

"08-09/08 should see a new set of Santa Fe Super Chief starter sets with an F7A and 3 Super Chief cars (sleeper, diner and observation). Available separately are the F7A, F7B, Pleasure Dome and 4 car sets."

HELLO!  Santa Fe Pleasure Domes coming from Kato!  I remember when all the Santa Fe modelers panned Kato for not offering this car in the sets.  Well, they are now answering the call.  Looks like the Super Chief can now be accurately modeled. ;D

Don't forget that Kato has also released the whole Super Chief consist in '07; three four car sets to build the whole train.

Mike(also)

daniel_leavitt2000

Gee I guess more western railroad anouncments are a BIG suprise.  ::)

skipgear

??? Why is this news? The availability of the single dome was announced the same time that the first Chief starter sets was released over a year ago. The problem was the dome never showed up. The big problem is that the starter sets sucked up all the A Chief sets and now the B and C sets are orphans without the dome being available.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

UP_Modeler

skipgear,

That's exactly why this is news.  The extra domes will (or . . . make that should be) available.

Frisco

Quote from: daniel_leavitt2000 on May 12, 2008, 02:35:18 PM
Gee I guess more western railroad anouncments are a BIG suprise.  ::)
They are also comming out with the Broadway Limited with GG1.

skipgear

Quote from: UP_Modeler on May 14, 2008, 04:40:07 PM
skipgear,

That's exactly why this is news.  The extra domes will (or . . . make that should be) available.

What I was trying to say was that we have had these on order at our shop for better than six months now. It is not news. Just waiting patiently for Kato to get around to producing them.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950