News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum Porter Died

Started by lqdsky, January 30, 2008, 11:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lqdsky

I had picked up a Spectrum side tank porter about 3 weeks ago. I had ran it for about an hour and a half and put the engine away. Pulled it out tonight (a week later) and engine would not run. It lights up, but the motor is not responding.

What are some steps I can take to determine what might be the problem?
I have never worked on any of my model trains, but am pretty handy. Since the engine is not an overly expensive engine & I can't see paying half of what I had originally paid ($110), to have it repaired by a store. Unfortunately I did not register the engine for the warranty.

If the motor is blown, would I be able to purchase one online. I assume I would get all the info off the old motor.

Much Appreciated

Ralph

altterrain

Ralph,

If you picked this up new from an authorized vendor and still have your receipt you're all set. Legally, you do not have to send in warranty cards to have your warranty be valid. I doubt it would be the motor but probably something fried on the pcb (just a guess, but I'm really talking out my backside on this). Just send it into Bachmann with a copy of your receipt and warranty.

-Brian
President of

lqdsky

Brian

Thanks..I wasn't aware of the warranty being valid without registration.
Its a fun little engine.