News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Next

Started by Doug.Oaks, January 09, 2008, 03:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug.Oaks

Okay, now we have great Shays and Kays, it is time to start bugging Bachmann about what's next. The obvious next loco is a C-16. Consider the variations, not just the Colorado ones that we all love, but the Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana lines as well.

Doug

John B

AristoCrft is coming out with an updated C-16 in 1:24 scale soon.  Though it would be nice in 1:20.3 to compliment the K-27, the market may not support both.

I would like to see an updated Climax or a Forney. :)  But with BM's policy of keeping new items a secret we may not know the next item to come out until it's almost ready. :-X

leftyfretguy

When you say "the obvious next loco is a c-16" I am sure what you mean is "the obvious next loco AFTER an E.B.T. mike is a c-16.  Some how the middle of your sentence was cut out ;D
btw. have to agree on the climax and forney - of course AFTER an E.B.T. mike!
Matt

calenelson

Climax, Forney, Mike(EBT)....any order would be fine

bob kaplan

i would enjoy and EBT Mike as well...but something a bit smaller would be good....EBT had a great little 2-6-2.... (# 11)i know it was not a common engine...but at least it was a some what modern prototype.   We i would like something with a bit of an "eastern" flavor to it. ;D

Matthew (OV)

Well, if we're gonna do a 2-6-2, how about WP&Y #4?

Matthew (OV)

(Personally, my new pet steam project will be WP&Y81/SVRY #19, but as long as it's not the return of the Vulcan, I'm cool...)

Doug.Oaks

I would have been really disappointed if there hadn't been a strong response from the EBT fans. I guess my arm could be twisted to buy an EBT engine.

Colorado

The Aristocraft C16 is in a completely different scale, they would look silly next to each other.

Mason Bogie for me.

Kevin Strong

Quote from: PCCfan on January 10, 2008, 08:33:10 AM
I would have been really disappointed if there hadn't been a strong response from the EBT fans. I guess my arm could be twisted to buy an EBT engine.
Oh, don't worry. We EBT fans are more than willing to twist a few arms.  8)
I'd like to see an inside-frame 2-8-0 also. It doesn't have to be a C-16/19, though both would make great prototypes. After the EBT mikado, of course.

Later,

K

John B

Old Iron

EBT mike, please.
Geoff Ringle
Old Iron Designs

TJ-Lee

I'd buy a reissued Climax should Bachmann be disposed to release one.

Best,
TJ

glennk28

Would there be enough parts in common to do both versions of an inside-frame Mikado?  EBT and WP&Y?

The Aristo/Delton C-16 would be aboiut 20% smaller than a 1:20.3 scale loco. 

Before anything else--how about fixing that Knuckle coupler--get a pair of Accucraft couplers and see what I'm referring to--The Bachmann knuckles are boxy--gj

John B

Mr. Bach-Man,

Any hints on what is planned?

tommygunner

Since this is becoming a Christmas wish list...make mine a C-19 RGS 41. C-19 is a great chice as it ran on at least 3 different RRs and 3 still survive( # 41 , 346 & 340)
Has any one counted how many locos B-man delivered almost in time for Christmas!!!