News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

reversing loop question...

Started by Chesticus, January 30, 2008, 12:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chesticus

Guys I have an odd situation with my layout. I have a Bachmann reversing loop mudule.

My engines go into the loop, but will stall coming out of the loop.

It seems like a short, but the short indicator does not light up. However, the wires going into the module get very hot.

Further, just to let you know, I have 3 reversing loops that are wired into the one module.

But I am very careful not to have 2 trains going into the loop at the same time.

I do here the module "clicking," and sometimes I here it several times during a pass.

I guess it is possible that the module is going bad.

Anything?

Chesticus

WoundedBear

I'm not familiar with the Bachmann module, I use the Digitrax AR1's on my kayout. I use one per "district" and chose the Digitrax ones due to the fact they have an adjustable trip current.

If the setting is too high, the AR1 trips my control unit, and if set too low, the locomotive trips the AR1 by just running over the reverse district.

I think you need to add an extra module or two....1 per reversing section.

Sid

Chesticus

Well I actually have had no problems with the reversing module, but I was told that i could use one module for all of my reversing loops. But i think you are right, it would be better to have one for each loop which in the future, when I have a more permenant situation I will not go the cheap route.

I think that the module may be going bad from over use.

Chesticus