Springfield, MA (Amhearst Railway Society) Show

Started by Tom Lapointe, January 09, 2008, 06:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guilford Guy

I saw David Harrison but he looked busy. Didn't get a chance to say hi to Mr B near the end due to a very amusing story... I was selling a cab car to his friend and his ex ( :-* ) stole the 20 out of his hand, stuck it in her shirt, and ran away, so after chasing her for half an hour we gave up and went back to the Youth Group.  :D
Alex

lvrr325

All the vendors and people at the show and only two guys had any On30 to speak of - well, except for the Bachmann table display only pieces.  I was thinking about buying a Climax, the old version, and the only two there sold out by noon on Saturday. 

Which is about when it really gets impossible to get around, anyways - this year was worse than ever, it started right off trying to park when some clown damned near crashed into us because he couldn't wait an extra 30 seconds to park.. but then sits on his butt for like 5 minutes before getting out of the car.  By noon getting through was look for a hole you can get an arm into and just push.   

I guess it's okay, I see even with shipping I can beat that one vendor's price on eBay, but still...   at least I got to drool on some 4-4-0's.   

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I had a great time at Springfield! Got to see many regulars, including Dave Harrison and Kyle, Dan Leavitt, Rich Cormier, Tom LaPointe, and about 25,000 others... but no GG!
Maybe next year...
Have fun!
the Bach-man 

richG

I arrived at 9am Saturday having picked up two egg McMuffins. One for lunch.
Dunkin Donuts is near #6 in the B building. I was out by 2pm when it started to get busy. A little easier this year than last with fourth building. I only look. Modeling 1900, I buy everything online with careful searching first. Still nice to see what other modelers do.

Rich

Guilford Guy

I saw Mr B towards the end, but he was busy packing up...
So yea... That girl... um... hasn't stopped texting me since like monday... lolz....
Alex

Tom Lapointe

QuoteSo yea... That girl... um... hasn't stopped texting me since like monday... lolz....

OK, GG, now I know we didn't see you! :D

I should have some video up from the show in a week or so (including Mr' B. demonstrating his gorgeous RGS brass ditcher! 8) ), as soon as I get a chance to edit it & upload it to "YouTube".

Something else I hope to videotape this coming weekend - came back from Springfield with something I've been thinking about for a while - a complete 5-car New Haven streamlined passenger set (including a second Alco PA) from USA Trains! :o ;D  Also picked up a second Bachmann Climax - (the price was just too good to pass up! ).:D

Oh, & Mr. B. - the "Eureka & Palisades" 4-4-0 has definetly gone on the "must-buy" list - (if it gets my lady friend  :-* more "into" the hobby!). ;D

Tom

Guilford Guy

Thank gawd you got them streamliners. I brought back a Bar Mills kit, and a Clarksville Station, and thats about it!

I was supposed to go to the mall with Chelsey yesterday but was busy.... blah, shes like atttached to me........
Alex