Formula: successful K27 = momentum for K36

Started by K487, January 09, 2008, 08:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K487

Bachman:

Thank you again for producing the K27 - an excellently done product at a reasonable price.

This may sound crazy but with the receipt of your F scale K27 (I actually bought two) you have GREATLY whetted my (and I think most other recipients of this loco) appetite for more.  So, now is NOT the time to "go on to other things."  You have great positive momentum now running with this locomotive (and as you have said, "... the response has been overwhelming.")  Also, the posts on the various forums are almost all very favorable - congratulations.

Would you (Bachmann Co.) start planning and announcing now that your next production loco is some of the K36s (probably the most popular D&RGW locomotive, at least for pleasing asthetics,) then the K28s, and then the K37s?  If you announce this now we will start saving up.

When you have a winner run with it!

K487

Jake

While I don't model Fn3 (but rather HOn3) I still agree. Use the chance you have now to produce more K-Class (And possibly later C and T class) locomotives.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

Steve Stockham

While I would gladly pay for a Bachmann K-36, I have a feeling that those eastern narrow gauge fans who have been patiently waiting for news of an EBT Mikado might not be quite so receptive to the notion! ;) (See Kevin? I promised that I would go to bat for you EBT guys!)

calenelson

Thanks Steve....No Room here for a Colorado Type...so Anything Eastern would suit me!

cale

Ricky

Hey, K487...you and I think alike!....I have posted two other messages on here saying the EXACT same thing that you just did.....We want a K36 or K37!!!  ...and I'm starting to put money aside NOW...for WHEN, (I refuse to say "IF")..Bachmann makes one!  Oh PLEASE, Mr. Bach-mann...please be reading this message!    ;D We want a K36 or K37

Rick

zubi

That would probably be a good recipe for bankruptcy... How about making first the (unofficially announced) long caboose?? I for one would prefer to see it before any new engine. There is a lot of rolling stock waiting to be made. A new engine may have to wait until Bachmann sells 10.000+ K27s, which if you and everyone buy all five versions available, would only mean 2000+ customers! So how many units have you got already?? Best wishes from Tokyo, Zubi

Ricky

I cannot even remotely imagine how, in any way at all, that Bachmann making a K36 or K37 would, by any stretch of the imagination, "be a recipe for bankruptcy". What is the logic or reasoning on this? I believe that it would be even MORE successful than the K27...I would actually try to buy TWO of them myself!!!...(and I am far from being rich).  In what way could it even remotely be considered, "....a recipe for bankruptcy"? I'm totally confused here. I have been into model trains for more than 45 years...and I would gladly pay good money for a Bachmann Fn3 K36 or K37....even more than one of them!

Rick